Thursday, June 10, 2010

10 de junio 2010 - Guanajuato Day #9 - Recycling at LGO / Dr. Ann Graves

We were quite surprised when we arrived at LGO that there was not going to be any dancing/morning exercises this morning.  But what we found was even better, that the school does recycling as a whole.  Kids literally bring in garbage bags full of recyclables and they put them out in the courtyard for collection.  This is done as a community, the parents are even involved.  What a wonderful thing!

The recycling at LGO

I helped my friend Michelle teach Maestra Alejandra's class, which is right next door to my classroom.  If I haven't said it enough, I love teaching English here!  The kids are so wonderful and they want to learn!

Michelle teaching the class

We went out to PE and played some more volleyball after going through some more exercises.  This time I joined the girls team and they really liked that I was helping them out.  We had an absolute blast.


Some of the children from 6th grade "B", my class.

Later on in the day we had class at Escuela Mexicana and enjoyed a lecture by San Diego State's Head of Special Education Dept., Dr. Ann Graves.  She gave a wonderful presentation on Context and Combination for Literacy Development.

Dr. Ann Graves lecturing to our group

No comments:

Post a Comment